Freeride mourning

The classic 1998 Airwalk Freerides


have finally gotta go after causing harm on a daily basis this week, all because last season I didn't dry the liner out properly so they have a immovable wrinkle :( such a sad way to end your life after so many years..


I am sad to see them go but the antiques are not worth actual blood.. So, out with the old and in with the new.. burton imperials!


Which leads me onto why I'm writing this post, if you are considering buying new boots, then please consider the following..
As you will see from the above my new boots are men's.. Having been specifically told in the shop that these are not the boots for me & I should definitely buy women's boots as they are shorter in height & therefore take into consideration the length of my calf muscle (shop assistants words.. "Women have longer calf muscles therefore need shorter height boots for comfort, men have short calf muscles therefore can wear higher boots") I continued to question this thought process by asking what the other differences are.. Are they narrower in the foot, ankle area as women tend to have more skinny ankles & narrower feet.. The answer was no.. So other than having the option of 'pink' & some 'faux fur' on my boots I am being restricted to a very narrow selection simply on the basis of the boot height? Yes, this is correct..
So, considering all of the above, why have I still purchased men's boots & not followed the advice of the 'experienced' shop assistant? Well the reason for that is because its rubbish! Both men and women can have short & long calf muscles (more technically its called - short flex muscle fibres or long flex muscle fibres) and if you want to know what kind of boot to buy this is what you should be measuring NOT by assuming because it says 'women's on it that you are buying the right thing. You will be astounded at the progression in your riding if you buy a fairly stiff boot day a 6, 7 or 8/10 (assuming you're not a beginner) with the right height build & good ankle support (you don't want any heel lift at all)..it makes the ride more comfortable, less tiring & the body to board sensitivity 100x improved...
- Posted whilst on the road

Location:Chamonix, France

3 comments:

  1. You made some really good points there. I checked on the internet for additional information about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice weblog right here! Additionally your web site loads up very fast! What web host are you the usage of? Can I get your associate hyperlink to your host? I wish my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

    ReplyDelete